10 days intensive seminar : Specialization approach to Hippo Kinesio-Educational Rehabilitation (Hi.KER) approach.
Training course in Therapeutic Riding
The GSATRH conducts a series of training courses in Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy. The seminars are addressed solely to graduate or senior students of the health professions, directly related to the rehabilitation
of children and adults with neurological or developmental
Ten-days International intensive Course on therapeutic horse riding and hippotherapy, according to Hi.K.E.R. Approach. Είναι απαραίτητο?
Hi.K.E.R. International Institute in cooperation with Greek Scientific Association of Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy (G.S.A.T.R.H.)
The seminar is addressed only to graduates of health professions (Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Speech therapists, Psychologists, Special Pedagogues, Psychiatrists, Special Education Trainers etc). The participants upon completion of the seminar
are recognized as Hi.K.E.R. Therapeutic Riding Instructors, or Hi.K.E.R. Hippotherapy Specialists, by the Hi.K.E.R. International Institute.
The goal of the seminar:
is the emergence
of therapeutic riding as a mean of rehabilitation in neurodevelopmental disorders with impact on mobility, functional ability, pulmonary function, communication, sociability and quality of life, as well as the study of the horse as a therapeutic agent, the
influence of the multi stimuli environment, the role of therapists and the factors contributing to the whole process based on the Hippo Kinesio-Educational Rehabilitation (Hi.KER) approach.
Central philosophy of the Hi.K.E.R. is the creation of a structured
training framework in the field of therapeutic riding. This framework aims at creating appropriate conditions for interaction among patient, therapist and the environment, process which will promote kinetic, perceptual, social, emotional and cognitive learning
and facilitate the patient's multifaceted development. To create this framework of education, the therapist should provide patients with a wide range of experiences through which they will have the opportunity to explore, create, achieve, and at the same time
get to know themselves, their body and the their feelings. Thus, the Hi.K.E.R. therapist organizing the learning environment promoting the kinetic, emotional and social education of patients and building the appropriate learning framework, promotes
independence and quality of life.
The program consists of 4 modules and includes oral presentation, practice and end course exam
Upon completion of the Program, the trainee will have acquired knowledge and skills that will enable him
/ her to:
• Evaluate the functionality, physical condition, communication level, basic motor standards, etc. in people with neurodevelopmental disorders
• Design and implement personalized therapeutic riding programs according to the
• Evaluate the results of both assessment and therapeutic intervention
• Prevent unwanted events during sessions and takes direct actions in the equestrian field
• Applies therapeutic and other equipment
• Train the therapeutic riding horses
Date of Conduct:
June 1 - 9, 2018
Course Languages: Greek, English
Equestrian Club of Varibobi, Athens Greece.
Rapporteurs / Trainers:
- Nikolaoy Ioannis, Physiotherapist,
MA, RNF Metodo Padovan, Senior Hi.K.E.R. Instructor, FEI Riding Coach, Chief National Classifier (FEI), Director of G.S.A.T.R.H.
- Polyzos Nikolaos, Physiotherapist, MA, Bobath NDT, Senior Hi.K.E.R. instructor, chief of G.S.A.T.R.H., President of Hellenic
Association of Hippotherapists (Hel.As.Hi.T.R.I.).
- Nicolaidis Nikolaos, Occupational Therapist, SI, Senior Hi.K.E.R. instructor, Director of Hi.K.E.R. International Institute.
- Gennatou Tatiana, Speech Therapist, Junior Hi.K.E.R.
- Bakatsi Penelope, Occupational Therapist, SI, Junior Hi.K.E.R. instructor.
For registration information contact us at:
mob. phone: +30 697 705 2821